Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, July 17, 2015

From Garden To Table: Garden Pasta Salad


I thought I would do a little followup on a picture I posted to my facebook page last night that was very popular.

I often see pictures of gorgeous produce that people pick from their gardens and wonder what they are planning to make with it. I love recipes and can always use some fresh ideas. 

Last night I was too hot and tired to bother cooking what I had on the menu plan. I decided to opt for a quick pasta salad. That way all I had to cook was the pasta and chop a few veggies. That seemed doable. 


After cooking the pasta I took a cucumber, sweet basil, purple basil and some green onions from this basket and turned them into dinner. I only wish the tomatoes had been ripe. They would have been so good in this.

It was so simple and only took a couple of minutes. I also decided to make some smoothies with some frozen fruit I had to help cool everyone off. Shh don't tell the kids I snuck some cucumber into their smoothies. They never said a word.

Garden Pasta Salad

1/2 box cooked pasta
1 chopped and peeled cucumber
1 handful sweet basil
1 handful purple basil
3 chopped green onions
Fresh shredded asiago cheese (Parmesan would also work)
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
pinch crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic

Basically you can toss any fresh, raw veggies you might have and any spices that you like. Be creative.

If I can stand the heat in the kitchen today I think I will make some bread for the kiddos with the extra zucchini. 



No comments:

Post a Comment