Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Trip To The Local Greenhouse



Yesterday I decided to run to my local garden store to buy some of their eggs. While we were checking out I noticed they had summer squash for $1 a pound. Since mine has not come in yet we bought a couple of pounds.

As I was paying my 5 year old starting wandering and noticed the huge greenhouse full of flowers. She asked me if we could go look. Um YES! Did she really have to ask me?

I asked the owner to please keep my eggs and squash at the counter so I could wrangle the toddler and still keep up with my other kiddo.

Then the owner said "Everything is half price through today." Why did he have to tell me that? I have very little will power when it comes to buying plants.

I will say that that I did better then I thought I would. We only ended up buying 2 pepper plants, 1 watermelon and 3 six packs of flowers.

Seriously, I should never be turned loose in a greenhouse where all the plants are half off. It's a good thing the kids were with me.


Instead of buying just the eggs we ended up buying...


All of this plus the veggies that did not make it into the picture. 


We had such a great time exploring.



At least the kids look cute. Please excuse my terrible hair. I didn't have a chance to shower before we left.
 Thanks for visiting. Please check back often for more fun from Our Quarter Acre Homestead!

No comments:

Post a Comment