Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal


One of my favorite breakfasts is overnight crockpot oatmeal. It is so easy to make and I love waking up knowing breakfast is already made and waiting for me. 

I love to add lots of different things depending on my mood that morning or what I have on hand. In the photo above I added walnuts, chia seeds, dried cranberries and maple syrup. In the summer it is fun to add fresh berries. The kids of course would prefer chocolate chips. 

Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal

2 cups water
2 cups milk (or 1 cup almond milk 1 cup milk)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups steal cut oats (I only had quick oats for the oatmeal above. It was still wonderful)

Put everything in the crockpot and set on low. Let cook overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment